As of April 7, 2017
Private Lessons are available and tailored to the student's needs.
For a private 2-hour lesson in your home, the fee is $100.
For a private 2-hour lesson in Joanna's studio in Nokomis, the fee is $85.
Please call to schedule at 941-726-5218.
The following art tour has been filled. We are accepting names
on the waiting list. Please contact Pedro if you are interested.
Painting CUBA Art Tour with Joanna Coke
November 1 - 7, 2017
8 Participants maximum
$1975 for king bed (couples welcomed)
$1820 for twin bed (double occupancy)
- Painting workshop, including the art kit
- Transportation from and back to the Havana airport
- Four days of ground transportation in microbus
- Six nights at a private B&B with all breakfasts
- Welcome and farewell diners
- Conference on contemporary visual arts in Cuba
- Admission to Museum of Fine Arts
- Guided visit to the Town and Valley of Viñales
- Visits to a gallery and the University of the Arts
- Orientation before departure
- Bilingual Program Leader traveling with the group
- Educational / people-to people license to travel
- Tips for B&B host, maids, breakfast and included dinners servers, docent and driver
What it does not include: (Estimate $630)
- $225 round trip airfare to Havana from Tampa (nonrefundable – reusable fare)
with Southwest Airline
- $50 Cuban tourist visa – visas will be available at the airport on departure day
- $180 for lunches and dinners not included in the tour
- $25 Other transportation (taxi)
- $150 night entertainment for Jazz and Cabaret Nights
- Trip interruption and cancellation insurance
- Airfare for connecting flight to - from Tampa
- Tampa hotel the night before departure, optional
For the itinerary and more details go to:
To register contact Dr. Pedro O. Schuck, Coordinator
Art Trips to Cuba Programs
Register for these sessions directly with Joanna by email or phone.
Supplies list will be given upon registration.
Bring your lunch for each of these sessions. Snacks, coffee and tea will be
provided for morning and afternoon breaks for the day-long workshops.
Summer 2017 Art Center Manatee CLASSES
Register at Art Center Manatee, Bradenton, FL 941-746-2862
Monday 9:30 – 12:00
Each session is designed to give the student a new perspective in painting in watercolors
so that YOU can develop your own artistic style. Demonstrations are given in the 1st class
and then the student can choose from their photo reference the scene they wish to paint
and apply the techniques they have learned.
Sess 1: Painting Trees & Skies: May 15, 22 (no 29) June 5, 12, 19, 26 (6 wks)
Sess 2: Work on Your Project, Anything Goes: July 10, 17, 24, 31 Aug. 7
Painter's Choice - Mixed Media with Watercolor, Acrylics and More
Monday 1:30 – 4:00
You can decide what materials you'd like to use. You can start with watercolors and add
pastels or colored pencils or acrylics or collage. OR you can paint the whole artwork in one
medium. You Choose! Free yourself up by mixing it up.
Sess 1: Something Real within an Abstract: May 15, 22 (no 29) June 5, 12, 19, 26 (6 wks)
Sess 2: Work on Your Project, Anything Goes: July 10, 17, 24 31 Aug. 7
Register at Venice Art Center, Venice, FL 941-485-7136
Enjoy your summer. See you in the fall, October with the start of the season.