This web site and all its contents are copyrighted by Joanna Coke.
All images on this website are protected by copyright. All rights reserved.
The copying,reproduction or distribution of these images by any means
without the written approval of the artist is prohibited.
Through the National Watercolor Society
invitation to participate in the 2015-16
Shenzhen International Biennial Exhibition
in China, my painting titled, "Bursting" has
been accepted. I am so honored to be selected.
My painting process starts horizontally
with 1 composition. I then turn it and
paint a totally different floral composition
"on top." Using opaque watercolors and
negative shapes I establish very unique floral
shapes which results in unexpected color
combinations in the revised form.
I'm learning to put my preconceived thoughts
aside and trying to visualize what the
painting to trying to tell me what it needs.
It is a freeing and frustrating process at the
same time. But when the results come
together, it is all so rewarding.
Bursting, watercolor transparent & opaque
Fall 2015-Winter 2016 Workshops and Classes posted!!!
New teaching schedule for trhe coming year. Go to Teaching & Events tab!
Come & Create with me in the Carribbean May 13 - 19, 2016!
For 7 days/6 nights for artist as well as their guests, CheBella Tours and I have
reserved 2 hotels which are next to each other for your stay. The hotels have
slightly different accommodations, so you choose which one you'd like to stay at.
The activities of the tour are the same no matter which hotel you choose.
The tour prices are:
Best Western Emerald
- Artist $2292 (double occupancy)
- If you wish to bring a guest, (non-artist): $1912
- If you want a single room, $2905
- Artist $2068 (double occupancy)
- If you wish to bring a guest, (non-artist): $1700
- If you want a single room, $2562
The itinerary, "Joanna Caribbean Art Tour" includes:
- Visiting Charlotte Amalie, Magen's Bay Park, Coral World
and a private flight over to the island of Anegada.
- You will have 1 to 2 lessons per day with Joanna demonstrating at each location.
- You will have time to shop with the tour director showing you where the best
duty-free deals are.
- You will enjoy and eat a Caribbean cooking demonstration.
- You will visit several different beaches to paint AND swim in.
- Optional excursions are available for you and/or your guest at a separate fee
such as; snorkeling, zip-line adventures, a trip to St. John, deep sea fishing
golf and kayaking.
- You will complete your art tour with a sunset dinner cruise on a Pirate Ship.
More details are available in the Registration information which gives details
on what is included or not for this tour.
The tour includes:
- 6 nights at your choice of hotel
- 2 lunches and 4 dinners
- All transportation for the tour group activities.
- Art Journal Kit
- Joanna's art instructions/demonstrations
- Sandy's Tour Director arrangements and coordinations.
Contact Sandy or Joanna for the Brohcure & Registration
To see my gallery representation on-line go to: www.saatchiart.com/joannacoke